Celebrating National Road safety week, Honda 2Wheelers inaugurates its first traffic park in Tamil Nadu!
Coimbatore, 11 January, 2017: Celebrating the National Road Safety week (09 – 15 January 2017) and extending its commitment to make safe riding an everyday habit for two-wheeler riders, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) today inaugurated its 11th adopted traffic-park in India – the first in state of Tamil Nadu (Coimbatore) in association with Coimbatore City Police. The park is located at Balasundaram Road, P N Palayam, Coimbatore.
Honda also launched the unique ‘DREAM RIDING’ initiative. Now, any female over 18 years of age can realize their dream of becoming independent riders. Under this unique initiative, Honda’s dedicated task force of women safety instructors will train women on how to become independent riders in just 4 hours. Now women in Coimbatore can simply start their journey to become empowered riders by registering themselves free of cost at email@example.com or call the exclusive helpline 8190-000-700.
Present at the inauguration of Honda’s first adopted park in Tamil Nadu were chief guestMr. Deepak M Damor (IPS, DIG,
Coimbatore Police), Dr. Amalraj (Commissioner of Coimbatore City Police), Dr. P.A Moorthy (Deputy Commissioner of Police, Headquarters, Coimbatore Police), Mr. Saravanan (Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic, Coimbatore Police), Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria (Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.) Mr Tomoaki Nagayama (Deputy Director- South Region, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.), Mr Yogesh Mathur (Divisional Head Sales - South Region, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.), Mr. Ashish Choudhary (Divisional Head- Sales Resource, Training and Quality, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.) and over hundred kids and women.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President-Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Under ‘People Come First’ philosophy, road safety promotion has been Honda’s top priorities worldwide since 1970. In India too, Honda follows safety as an integral part of all our business activities and has already. Through various road safety initiatives, Honda 2Wheelers has spread road safety awareness to more than 10 lac individuals. I express my sincere thanks to the Coimbatore City Police for providing Honda 2Wheelers India an opportunity to extend our road-safety awareness initiatives here. This park is yet another step in our efforts to make the riders and roads of Coimbatore safer.”
Key initiatives of Honda 2Wheelers at the Children’s traffic park at Coimbatore include:
- At the completely renovated Children Traffic Park spread over 1 acre, Honda has replicated real-life riding conditions through a specially designed and secure environment in association with the Coimbatore City Police.
- Here, Honda will spread road safety awareness among all age groups including women and children through a proven scientific module which includes both practical (riding experience) and theoretical knowledge (correct riding posture, traffic signs and road rules etc).
- Exclusively for females, Honda has got its Dream Riding Initiative. Providing higher degree of rider comfort and confidence are expert Honda Safety instructors (both female & male) will educate riders on the correct riding techniques.
- Customized road safety modules for children – Aimed at imparting safe riding habits and appealing to the consciousness of young school children, Honda’s road safety modules include primary activities such as snakes and ladders for children aged 5 to 8. For 9-12 year old kids, Honda has brought in the imported CRF 50 motorcycle. This will help the young minds grasp safe riding concept through the exciting practical riding. For young teens, there is the theory session on safety riding as well and the family photo zone with Chhota Bheem.
- Learning becomes fun with Honda’s Proprietary riding trainer – A virtual riding simulator will help people above 16 years of age to experience over 100 possible dangers on road before actual riding on road. The biggest advantage for new riders is that virtual experience will significantly increase their ability to predict & react to traffic hazards.
- For existing riders over 18 years of age, there is the gymkhana and narrow plank through which riders can test their skill through a fun approach.
- Additional features of Children Training Park include an amphitheater with LED for road safety education, watch tower, rope-way and an exclusive Kids Play Zone.
About Honda’s traffic parks across India:
Taking its role at a responsible corporate even further, Honda has been promoting road safety since 2001. In 2013, Honda adopted its first traffic park in Jaipur.
Since then, Honda has adopted a total of 11 traffic parks including two in Delhi, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Yeola (Nashik), Hyderabad, Indore, Ludhiana.
Cumulatively, Honda has benefitted more than 4 lac people through its road-safety modules including women & children in less than 3 years.